What will Sunday morning be like?
Worshiping in “spirit and truth” (John 4:23), St. Peter’s honors our ascended God and King in both the comfortable style of Divine Service found in the Lutheran Service Book and in the creative freedom of Contemporary Blend Worship with contemporary music. Our Worship Service starts @ 11:00AM and our time together is about 75 minutes including the celebration of the Lord’s Supper (2nd and 3rd Sunday of the month). By the Holy Spirit we are served by God’s Word of Life and refreshed by Jesus’ presence in the Lord's Supper, in that we would gain forgiveness, life, and salvation.
Can I participate in the Lord's Supper?
Please speak to our pastor or one of our elders prior to worship. We’d be happy to answer your questions and provide clarification about the Lord’s Supper.
By celebrating the Lord’s Supper I give witness that:
- I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord.
- I have examined my life in light of God’s Word, and have confessed my sinfulness to God.
- I believe that Christ’s body and blood are truly present in, with, and under the bread and wine.
- I believe that in this Sacrament God gives me the forgiveness of my sins.
- I believe that God the Holy Spirit strengthens my faith and renews my life.
- I resolve, in the power of the Holy Spirit, to amend my sinful ways.
What will happen when worship is over?
Please join us for coffee, juice and refreshments in the church basement.
What about my kids?
Our children belong in church to sing, pray, and hear of the love of God with their families. Activity bags are available to keep young children occupied during worship. They can be found on a rack as you enter the church sanctuary. Sunday School begins at 9:45AM (September-June).
What should I wear?
Jesus said, “All those the Father gives me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away" (John 6:37). In Jesus’ invitation to come, we care a lot more about who you are than how you dress. Comfortably worship in jeans or business casual.
Will I be asked to give money?
Members of St. Peter’s joyfully give in an act of worship to support ongoing ministry and mission. As a worship guest there is no pressure to give an offering. We are simply happy to have you with us.